October 13, 2022
Updated Oct. 25
Annual open enrollment for health insurance for PSPRS retirees will take place in November 2022. This is an annual opportunity for retirees to review coverage and make any changes. Please pay close attention to enrollment dates as they are different for Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) and Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), and no exceptions are permitted. Additional changes can only be made during a qualified life event.
- ADOA open enrollment is from Oct. 31 - Nov. 18 (before 5 p.m. MST)
- ASRS open enrollment is from Nov. 1 - 30
If retirees wish to continue current coverage: Good news! No action is required. Retirees with existing coverage will automatically be reenrolled for 2023.
If retirees wish to begin or change coverage: Review all options. Keep an eye out for emails from ADOA and ASRS, and enrollment packets in the mail in October. ADOA and ASRS enrollment packets may look the same, but the costs are different. This year, ADOA also has some additional changes. Please see each enrollment guide for full information. More information, as well as details on PSPRS Health Insurance Subsidies are available on the PSPRS website, Health Insurance for PSPRS, CORP and EORP retirees. Note: There is no online enrollment process for PSPRS. PSPRS retirees who wish to make changes must complete paper enrollment forms, which will be provided in ASRS enrollment packets and are available to download from the PSPRS website via the links above. NOTE: Enrollment forms cannot be processed if signed before Nov. 1 or received after Nov. 30.
If retirees wish to terminate medical or dental coverage at any point, they must contact the applicable agency for instructions. Members discontinuing ADOA or former employer coverage in favor of ASRS medical or dental insurance in 2023 are asked to copy PSPRS on the termination correspondence to their agency. Note: ADOA insurance terminations are irrevocable.
Termination letters should include:
- Impacted members (spouse or dependents) full name
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 of social security number
- Phone number
- Plan to be terminated (medical and/or dental)
- Date coverage should terminate
- Signature and date signed
- Signature of spouse/dependent on Medicare if also terminating their coverage
- Tip: Keep a copy for your reference
Submit to PSPRS (must be received before the first day of the month the insurance is to be cancelled):
- Email a photo of this letter with your signature to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PSPRS, 3010 E. Camelback Rd., Ste. 200, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Fax: (602) 296-2370
- In-person/delivery: Termination letters may be dropped off at the address above or placed in the drop box in the first floor stairwell.