Board of Trustees Meetings
The Board of Trustees governs PSPRS and has a fiduciary responsibility to the PSPRS trust and membership. Trustees oversee the system’s policies, operations, and investment with all powers and duties outlined in state statute and internal policies. The board consists of nine members, each serving five-year terms. Four trustees are appointed by the governor. A fifth trustee is also appointed by the governor, but must first be nominated by the PSPRS advisory committee and the Board of Trustees. Two trustees are appointed by the president of the Senate, and two are appointed by the speaker of the House of Representatives.
Membership of the Board of Trustees is split between members of the system, law enforcement and fire department, and trustees representing employers and taxpayers. The legal requirements for non-PSPRS members to serve on the board are stringent requiring at least 10 years of substantial experience in any one or a combination of the following:
• A portfolio manager acting in a fiduciary capacity
• A securities analyst
• Senior executive/principal of a trust institution, investment organization or endowment fund acting either in a management or an investment-related capacity
• A chartered financial analyst in good standing as determined by the chartered financial analyst institute
• Professor or instructor at the college or university level in the field of economics, finance, actuarial science, accounting or pension-related subjects
• Senior executive engaged in the field of public or private finances or with experience with public pension systems
• Senior executive in insurance, banking, underwriting, auditing, human resources or risk management
Live Audio Web Stream of the Meetings
A link for the Web Stream will appear below on the day of the next scheduled meeting.
Click here for instructions to listen to the meeting.
|Chairman||William T. Buividas||January 2021|
|Vice Chairman||Mike Scheidt||January 2021|
|Trustee||Harry A. Papp||January 2021|
|Trustee||Dean M. Scheinert||January 2021|
|Trustee||Donald A. Smith, Jr.||January 2021|
|Trustee||Jim Ameduri||January 2024|
|Trustee||Scott McCarty||January 2024|
|Trustee||Brian Moore||January 2024|
|Trustee||Christopher J. Hemmen||January 2024|
Board of Trustees Meetings
The PSPRS Board of Trustees typically meets on the last Wednesday of each month at the PSPRS office, unless otherwise indicated. Board meetings are open to the public and are broadcasted online. Members of the public are welcome to attend all board meetings. Executive sessions, which under state law are not open to the public, will be indicated on the board agenda.
In addition to the regular monthly board meetings, there are two board committees that meet regularly:
- The Investment Committee meets to review and discuss investment transactions, fund performance and to review and establish investment procedures, policies and strategy.
- The Operations, Governance Policy & Audit Committee is delegated with reviewing the board’s internal Governance Manual, providing recommendations to the board any modifications to existing policies, internal operations (such as budget development, internal fiscal and audit processes), and other compliance measures as needed.
2019 Board of Trustees Meetings Schedule
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
July 2019 (no board meeting is scheduled for this month)
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Thursday & Friday, September 26 & 27, 2019 (annual board meeting)
October 2019 (no board meeting is scheduled for this month)
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
2019 Defined Contribution (DC) Committee Meetings Schedule
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Monday, August 12, 2019 (subcommittee working group)
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 (cancelled; rescheduled below)
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Board Schedule, Agendas, Minutes and Meeting Material
All agendas, minutes and meeting materials are presented in PDF format, which require Adobe Reader to view.
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02, the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System hereby states that all notices of the meetings of the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System and any of its committees and subcommittees will be posted on the front door of the administrative offices of the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System, located at 3010 East Camelback Road, Suite 200, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, and on this website, 24 hours in advance of such meeting, or with such notice as otherwise required by law. After posting, such notices can be viewed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Such notices will indicate the date, time, and place of the meeting and will include an agenda, or information concerning the manner in which the public may obtain an agenda, for the meeting.
If you plan on attending a meeting, please check back on this website for any changes prior to participating.