October 2, 2023
Updated October 16, 2023
Annual open enrollment for health insurance for PSPRS retirees will take place in November 2023. This is an annual opportunity for retirees to sign up for coverage and make changes. Please pay close attention to enrollment dates as they are different for Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA). No exceptions are permitted. Additional changes can only be made during a qualified life event.
- ASRS open enrollment is from Nov. 1 – 30
- ADOA open enrollment is from Oct. 30 - Nov. 17 (before 5 p.m. MST)
If retirees wish to continue current coverage: Good news! No action is required. Retirees with existing coverage will automatically be reenrolled for 2024.
If retirees wish to begin or change coverage: Review all options. Keep an eye out for emails from ASRS and/or ADOA, and enrollment packets in the mail mid-late October. Enrollment packets may look the same, but the costs are different.
More information, as well as details on PSPRS Health Insurance Subsidies is available on the PSPRS website, Health Insurance for PSPRS, CORP and EORP retirees. Note: ADOA and ASRS enrollment packets may look the same, but the costs are different. See each enrollment guide for full information. ASRS information and ADOA information is also posted online. There is no online enrollment process for PSPRS. PSPRS retirees who wish to make changes must complete paper enrollment forms, which are provided in ASRS enrollment packets and are available to download from the PSPRS website via the links above. NOTE: PSPRS enrollment forms cannot be processed if signed before Nov. 1 or received after Nov. 30.
If retirees wish to terminate medical or dental coverage at any point, they must contact the applicable agency for instructions. Members discontinuing former employer or ADOA coverage in favor of ASRS medical or dental insurance in 2024 are asked to copy PSPRS on the termination correspondence to their agency. Note: ADOA insurance terminations are irrevocable.
Termination letters should include:
- Impacted members (spouse or dependents) full name
- Date of birth
- Last four numbers of social security number
- Phone number
- Plan to be terminated (medical and/or dental)
- Date coverage should terminate
- Signature and date signed
- Signature of spouse/dependent on Medicare if also terminating their coverage
- Tip: Keep a copy for your reference
Submit to PSPRS (must be received before the first day of the month the insurance is to be cancelled):
- Email a photo of this letter with your signature to: [email protected]
- Mail: PSPRS, 3010 E. Camelback Rd., Ste. 200, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Fax: (602) 296-2370
- In-person/delivery: Termination letters may be dropped off at the address above or placed in the drop box in the first-floor stairwell.